Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting Senior Geotechnics Engineers to join our team in our Toronto office.
The candidate will need to have a strong design background and be able to work within a team environment, supporting the design delivery of existing projects and the growth of the existing client base. Previous experience and knowledge of the regional Heavy Civil Engineering market is desirable.
- Managing Design delivery of various geotechnical size projects, and geotechincal elements of multi-disciplinary existing and future projects
- Co-ordinate with other engineers both in the international offices and between groups providing technical oversight
- Supporting Managing Director to achieve budget and strategy targets
- Prepare fee budgets, proposals and resource requirements for projects
- Prepare calculations, drawings and other documents and ensuring these are controlled during the execution of projects
- Support less experienced staff, sharing knowledge and acting as a coach or mentor
- Establishing standard methodologies for geotechnical design and improving out practice
- Minimum of eight years’ experience post-graduation in geotechnical design
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the design of geotechnical elements of infrastructure in a rail environment including the application of Canadian standards where appropriate, element design and detailing in a Metrolinx environment
- Experience in heavy civil geotechnical engineering applications including foundations, deep excavations, slope stability, and numerical analysis
- Experience in computer software for the analysis of geotechnics
- Production of design deliverables – packages of drawings, specifications, etc. and supervision of engineers and BIM/CAD technicians
- Experience of working on Ministry of Transportation projects
- AutoCAD skills
- Ideally worked as PEng on Metrolinx projects
- Good communication (in English) skills both oral and written
- Ability to work on own and within a team to meet project, client, company and personal objectives
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and develop their technical abilities
- A challenging attitude to the solution of engineering problems in order to achieve cost effective designs and develop innovative solutions
- Awareness of the importance of costs and the need to complete projects on time and to budget
- Willingness to seek advice when unsure of how to tackle problems
- Professional Engineer (PEng) licence in Ontario with MEng/BEng in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical or Geological Engineering or similar
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
Tony Gee Canada Ltd,
250 University Avenue,
Suite 232, Toronto,
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Senior Geotechnics Engineers – Toronto