Privacy Notice – Marketing and Business Operations
Data controller: Tony Gee and Partners LLP, Hardy House, 140 High Street, Esher, Surrey KT10 9QJ
Tony Gee and Partners LLP (Tony Gee) collects and processes data relating to the marketing and business operations of the company. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data, and to meeting our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In addition, Tony Gee collects and processes data relating to the recruitment and employment of its staff. Please refer to the separate Privacy Notice – Prospective, Current and Past Staff Members.
- What information does Tony Gee collect?
- How does Tony Gee use your data?
- Who has access to data?
- How does Tony Gee protect data?
- For how long does Tony Gee keep data?
- Your rights
- What will we do if anything changes?
What information does Tony Gee collect?
Tony Gee collects and processes a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, position, company address and contact details, including business email address and telephone number(s)
- client relationship history, such as projects completed together, Tony Gee events you have attended and any feedback you have given us on our performance
- data on how you use our website collected via cookies, such as how long you stayed, which items you clicked on and your IP-address; and
- any other information that you may provide to us
Tony Gee collects this information in a variety of ways, for example you may provide us with a business card or contact us with a business enquiry, or we may collect data at business meetings with you or your colleagues. We do not purchase marketing lists and will only retain your data when there is a legitimate business purpose.
We may collect data from you through a cloud-based system. This data will be stored and processed within the UK or the EEA, and the information is not shared, sold to or accessed by parties outside Tony Gee except to operate the data collection and pass the information to Tony Gee for business operations purposes as set out in this notice.
How does Tony Gee use your data?
Tony Gee uses your data to correspond with you about business-related matters.
The only time when we may send you marketing information is if you have requested, or have been selected to receive a copy of our Tony Gee News publication. You will need to confirm your acceptance to receive our newsletter before we send you a copy.
Your information will be accessible internally by Tony Gee staff, however will only be used for legitimate business purposes. Your data will only ever be passed on to a third party if this is necessary for mutually beneficial work-winning opportunities.
Tony Gee shares your data with third parties that process data on its behalf, in connection with the provision of outsourced IT services and software.
Tony Gee does not sell or provide any data to marketing lists.
How does Tony Gee protect data?
Tony Gee takes the security of your data seriously. Data is stored in a range of different places, including in the Customer Relationship Management system and in other IT systems, including the Tony Gee email system.
There are internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties. Further details are set out in the Data Protection and Retention Policy (available on request).
Where Tony Gee engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions and are under a duty of confidentiality. They are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to try to ensure the security of data and to process it in accordance with your rights under the GDPR.
For how long does Tony Gee keep data?
Tony Gee will hold your personal data for the duration of your business relationship with us. Personal data may also be retained after the end of the business relationship, but only if there is a legitimate business need to do so.
If you are on our newsletter mailing list, we will hold on to your data for as long as you want to continue to receive the publication. If you decide to opt-out of or withdraw your consent to our marketing, we will no longer use your personal data for this purpose.Your rights
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask the organisation to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organisation’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact marketing [at] tonygee [dot] com.
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.What will we do if anything changes?
Changes to our Privacy Notice will be posted here. Where the changes are significant, we may also email those affected by the updates.
Last reviewed: September 2020