Project Planner (Programmer) – Highways – Esher
Tony Gee is currently recruiting for a Project Planner (Programmer) in their Highways department based in the Esher office.
This is an opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects across the Highways, Rail and Energy sectors. Whilst our immediate need is for a planner to support our growing portfolio of major projects for National Highways, we can offer variety and interest with opportunities on our High Speed 2 and Network Rail framework projects also.
We are looking for someone comfortable working as part of the project management team and, when required, autonomously using initiative to overcome challenges and unknowns.
We are looking for a planner competent to construct and manage NEC3 and NEC4 compliant programmes but are also very interested in candidates who have a passion to share knowledge and develop others in order to (in time) grow a team below the successful candidate.
The advertised and preferred location is Esher, Surrey but we will consider excellent candidates located closer to any of our other UK offices.
- Manage integrated project programmes meeting internal / external reporting timelines
- Correlate schedule, cost and risk assessment through integrated solutions to influence critical path analysis
- Lead in What-if scenario planning providing integrated solutions to programme/project conflicts and recoveries
- Manage and monitor processes to integrate scheduling from across all projects within the area of work
- Work closely with Project Managers to maintain programme schedules and manage the interface between schedules
- Support contractor requirements working with the Planning Manager and/ or Project Controls Manager
- Collaborate with project delivery teams and external stakeholders (including clients and suppliers) where necessary to integrate all time, cost and quality information to support the monitoring of project performance
- Capture and communicate best practice project planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement and provide specialist advice where required
- Provide support and advice to your project team member(s) at all times and ensure that all tasks are being delivered to a high level of quality
- Provide programme structure and programme software training to Project Managers and other engineering staff as may be relevant to their needs in order to interact with project programmes
- Engineering or Construction Management degree level or equivalent preferable
- (Desirable) Qualified project/programme manager, or similar professional qualification, with a strong track record of achievement in planning and programme management within large scale infrastructure projects.
- Accredited training / competent in P6 primavera
- NEC3 and NEC4 Contract competence / accredited training
- Numerate and able to demonstrate strong excel, project and PowerPoint skills, computer literacy is essential
- Understanding and working experience of Primavera P6
- Understanding of National Highways Programme Management Handbook, Standards and Procedures Experience
- The ability to deliver Project Schedules at various development stages, developing from first principles and ensuring the schedules are maintained effectively
- Experience and knowledge of NEC contracts and commercial aspects relating to planning/programming
- Experience in infrastructure planning/programming
- Primavera P6 planning - proficient user
- Demonstrable understanding of commercial elements within large, complex projects, and a track record of achievement in complex projects
- Accredited training / competent in Microsoft Project
- Accredited training / competent in Asta PowerProject
- Network Rail Suite Contract awareness training Desirable Experience/Qualifications
- APMG Project Planning & Control™ Foundation and Practitioner (or working towards), or PRINCE
- CIOB Member and or ICE Member
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
140 High Street, Esher
Surrey, KT10 9QJ
Remote UK positions available.
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Project Planner (Programmer) – Highways – Esher