Tony Gee and Partners is currently looking for an experienced bridge engineer to lead a design team in Glasgow.
This is an opportunity to develop the technical ability of the team in bridges and general structures design, and contribute to the growth of the highways business in Scotland and the North West of England.
The role will include working on both major highways and local projects to deliver designs, including interface with clients as well as providing technical expertise.
Working with other highways design teams within the business will be required and will allow the opportunity to broaden skills and experience. Will also assist in structural design support for other sectors locally including rail and power.
- 5 years post-chartered experience is required.
- Significant structures and bridge design experience to DMRB and Eurocodes is essential.
- Able to lead high quality structures/bridge technical design on projects including supervision of less experienced colleagues.
- Experience of coordination of design delivery on projects is a requirement.
- Excellent client interface skills are essential.
- Experience of Design and Build contracts would be very useful.
- NEC experience would be useful
- Knowledge and understanding of constructability of designs is desirable
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
3rd Floor, James Sellars House
144 West George Street
Glasgow, G2 2HG
Remote UK positions available.
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Principal Bridge Engineer – Glasgow
Power & Energy