Tony Gee and Partners are currently looking for experienced Principal Rail / Structural Engineers to join our teams across all UK office locations.
The ideal candidates must be willing to help develop the capability of our offices.
- Minimum of five years’ experience post-graduation in civil engineering design
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the design of civils infrastructure in a rail environment including the application of Network Rail (NR) standards where appropriate, element design and detailing to Eurocodes in a NR environment
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the design of bridges (including loading to Eurocodes, element design and detailing to Eurocodes)
- Experience of co-ordinating and delivering designs for rail and broad civil engineering projects
- Experience of bridge loading to Eurocodes
- Experience of steel and concrete design to Eurocodes
- Experience in computer software for the analysis of structures
- Production of design deliverables – packages of drawings, specifications, etc. and supervision of engineers and BIM/CAD technicians
- Ideally experience of composite steel/concrete, masonry, geotechnical and timber design to Eurocodes
- Ideally experience in finite element software for the analysis of structures
- Ideally designated CRE for civils for NR projects
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work on own and within a team to meet project, client, company and personal objectives
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and develop their technical abilities
- A challenging attitude to the solution of engineering problems in order to achieve cost effective designs and develop innovative solutions
- Awareness of the importance of costs and the need to complete projects on time and to budget
- Willingness to seek advice when unsure of how to tackle problems
- Chartered Civil Engineer (CEng MICE or MIStructE)
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
Locations Drag/swipe to view all
8th Floor, International House
Dover Place, Ashford
Kent, TN23 1HU
10 Temple Street
Birmingham, B2 5BN
140 High Street, Esher
Surrey, KT10 9QJ
3rd Floor, James Sellars House
144 West George Street
Glasgow, G2 2HG
4th Floor, Arthur House
11-13 Chorlton Street
Manchester, M1 3FH
1st Floor, Trident House
42-48 Victoria Street
St Albans, Hertfordshire
301 Stonehouse Park
Sperry Way, Stonehouse
Remote UK positions available.
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Principal Rail/Structural Engineers – UK offices