Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting for Marine Civil Engineers to join our growing Marine teams based in our UK offices.
This role provides an opportunity to join successful established teams, working alongside some of the best engineers the industry has to offer. It will also give opportunity to work on a wide portfolio of marine, coastal and inland waterway projects across the UK.
Job responsibilities include:
- Designing marine structures including quay wall, jetty, dolphin, slipway, berthing and mooring
- Providing technical and professional guidance and support to more junior engineers
- Working within a team environment
- Communicating technical matters with external clients and internal design team members
- Writing technical reports
- Chartered to near-chartered with a strong desire to learn and develop towards professional qualifications
- Demonstrable technical experience or ability in the design of marine structures
- FE modelling using software such as STAAD Pro / LUSAS / SAP 2000 or similar
- Demonstrable knowledge of buildability / buildable design
- Detailed knowledge of maritime standards and guidelines including BS6349 and PIANC
- Design of lock gates, heavy duty pavement, breakwater and linkspan
- Coastal engineering design and assessment
- Experience in marine geotechnics
- Experience of temporary works design
- Use of engineering software (Optimoor, Wallap, Plaxis)
- MEng Civil Engineering or equivalent degree (2:1 Minimum)
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a range of company sports and social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
Locations Drag/swipe to view all
8th Floor, International House
Dover Place, Ashford
Kent, TN23 1HU
10 Temple Street
Birmingham, B2 5BN
140 High Street, Esher
Surrey, KT10 9QJ
3rd Floor, James Sellars House
144 West George Street
Glasgow, G2 2HG
4th Floor, Arthur House
11-13 Chorlton Street
Manchester, M1 3FH
1st Floor, Trident House
42-48 Victoria Street
St Albans, Hertfordshire
301 Stonehouse Park
Sperry Way, Stonehouse
Remote UK positions available.
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Marine Civil Engineers – UK offices