Tony Gee has been working within the UK Power & Energy sector for the past 10 years, establishing a strong position in three core markets – Renewables, Nuclear and Grid & Energy Storage.
To realise future growth aspirations within the sector, we have identified the need for a Grid & Energy Storage Lead at Associate/ Associate Director to join our business to be based in any one of our UK offices.
This individual will be responsible for leading delivery of our current portfolio within the Grid & Energy Storage market, as well as developing and implementing a strategy for future diversification and growth. This is a strategic role within our business.
We are seeking a dynamic and ambitious individual with experience working on transmission grid infrastructure, distribution grid infrastructure, interconnectors, HVDC, grid stability, energy storage, solar and green hydrogen projects.
We work with a number of high-profile developer and contractor clients including SSE Renewables, SSE Networks, EDF, Enerveo, Global, UK Power Networks, Banks Renewables, Jones Bros, Farrans and I&H Brown.
- Develops and maintains a sound understanding of Grid & Energy Storage market, including key prospective clients, projects, programmes and emerging technologies
- Develops and owns market growth plan, including development of value propositions and partnerships to position Tony Gee strategically within the sector
- Works to reinforce existing and form new relationships with key clients to realise market growth plan targets
- Identifies, tracks and maintains leads and enquiries, ensuring these are captured accurately in market pipeline
- Works with Power & Energy Director to lead business development/ Tony Gee sector profile development, representing the business at key industry events
- Leads production of bid responses with support from technical and business development teams
- Responsible for overall performance of projects within the market at portfolio level, working with Project Directors, Project Engineers and Technical Leads to ensure project objectives are achieved
- Proves technical and project delivery leadership within field of expertise
- Promoting a health, safety and welfare culture
- Civil/ structural design and delivery of National Grid infrastructure projects, including substations, overhead lines, HVDC, and interconnectors
- Civil/ structural design and delivery of transmission and/ or distribution network projects
- Experience in any of the following projects within Grid & Energy Storage market – substations, solar farms, interconnectors, battery storage schemes, green hydrogen schemes, gas peaking schemes, grid stabilisation schemes
- Multidisciplinary design, project and commercial management of projects
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Client focus
- TP141 certification
- Civil/ structural engineering degree or equivalent industry experience
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent industry experience
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
Locations Drag/swipe to view all
8th Floor, International House
Dover Place, Ashford
Kent, TN23 1HU
10 Temple Street
Birmingham, B2 5BN
140 High Street, Esher
Surrey, KT10 9QJ
3rd Floor, James Sellars House
144 West George Street
Glasgow, G2 2HG
4th Floor, Arthur House
11-13 Chorlton Street
Manchester, M1 3FH
1st Floor, Trident House
42-48 Victoria Street
St Albans, Hertfordshire
301 Stonehouse Park
Sperry Way, Stonehouse
Remote UK positions available.
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Grid & Energy Storage Lead – UK
Power & Energy