Our Stonehouse office is looking for experienced bridge designer to join their team. The ideal candidate would have proven track record, of bridge design in the highway and or rail sector.
This role is a great opportunity to join a successful established team, working alongside some of the best engineers the industry has to offer. It will also bring the opportunity for working on a wide portfolio of major projects across the UK.
- Minimum of four years experience post-graduation in civil engineering design
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the design of bridges (including loading to Eurocodes, element design and detailing to Eurocodes)
- Experience of bridge loading to Eurocodes
- Experience of steel and concrete design to Eurocodes
- Experience in computer software for the analysis of structures
- Production of design deliverables – packages of drawings, specifications, etc. and supervision of engineers and BIM/CAD technicians
- Ideally experience of composite steel/concrete, masonry, geotechnical and timber design to Eurocodes
- Ideally experience in finite element software for the analysis of structures
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work on own and within a team to meet project, client, company and personal objectives
- A challenging attitude to the solution of engineering problems in order to achieve cost effective designs and develop innovative solutions
- Awareness of the importance of costs and the need to complete projects on time and to budget
- Willingness to seek advice when unsure of how to tackle problems
- BEng or MEng
- Working towards Chartered Civil Engineer (CEng MICE or MIStructE)
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a range of company sports and social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
301 Stonehouse Park
Sperry Way, Stonehouse
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Civil Structural Engineer (Bridges)