Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer to join our established Power and Energy team in its Glasgow Office
The successful candidate will be working on a variety of schemes within the Power & Energy and Highways sector. Power projects include onshore wind farms, offshore wind farms, grid connection infrastructure, public road improvements and other highways elements which allow for the delivery of infrastructure to construct and operate renewable energy infrastructure projects. This role offers the opportunity to engage in technical aspects of design, multidisciplinary design management and project management and is ideally suited to those who are approaching chartered professional review or those who have recently achieved chartership with the ICE or IHE.
- At least three years’ post graduate experience
- Working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), council highways standards and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW)
- Experience of highway/ road drainage design
- Experience of highway/ road alignment and earthworks design
- Able to work within a team environment, managing the day-to-day work of junior team members
- Experience designing SUDS (soakaways, swales and attenuation ponds) to UK SUDS Manual requirements
- Experience in hydraulic modelling of surface water drainage networks along with online or offline storage solutions
- Experience of interfacing with local Council and/ or Trunk Road Operators to secure acceptance for design of road/ highway improvement proposals
- Experience in specialist software Civils 3D, CAD & MicroDrainage
- Experience in design management and/ or project management
- Knowledge of SEPA guidelines and experience with CAR regulations & licensing
- Approaching chartered professional review or recently chartered with ICE or IHE
- BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering or similar
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/ life balance through a range of company sports and social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
3rd Floor, James Sellars House
144 West George Street
Glasgow, G2 2HG
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Power & Energy