Tony Gee is currently recruiting for an Assistant Planner in their Highways department.
Reporting to the Principal Planner, the Assistant Planner will help with the day-to-day tasks involved in supplying robust Project Planning Support to, primarily, the Tony Gee Highways team. The outstanding candidate will use specific planning tools alongside Microsoft Office in order to deliver best in class support in line with best practice and contractual obligation
- Creating outputs in order to harvest progress and change data
- Meeting with colleagues and sub-contractors face to face or via Teams in order to collect progress and change data
- Assisting the Principal Planner to update contract schedules in Primavera P6
- Assisting the Principal Planner to create and present progress reports and dashboards
- Understanding and communicate the impact of project delays and change
- Assisting the Principal Planner to carry out quality review of 3rd Party schedules
- Understand and communicate the impact of project delays or change in relation to contractual requirements
- Assisting the Principal Planner to carry out quality reviews of internal schedules
- Keep informed on new emerging technologies in the Project Controls space
- Once confident in the role, take ownership of smaller projects and assist the Principal Planner to train new Team members. Specifically, trainee planners
- Assisting the Principal Planner to raise the profile of the Planning Function within Tony Gee, supporting tender opportunities and in shaping the future of the Tony Gee Planning team
- Establish and maintain strong relationship both internally and with 3rd parties
- Graduated from an Engineering or Construction Disipline
- Experience Working in a project-based engineering design or construction environment
- Familiar with project planning and the associated monitoring, review and scheduling functions
- Familiar with planning software such as Microsoft project and Primavera P6
- Skilled in written and spoken communication
- Experience providing support to team members and managers
- Excellent analytical ability
- Appreciation of planning best practice
- A can-do positive attitude
- A positive attitude to business change
You will feel comfortable using technology-based solutions and be happy with working alone once trained and be competent with new technologies. Previous experience of Primavera P6 or a similar planning solution such as Powerproject or Microsoft Project would be advantageous. If you are commutable to either our Ashford or Esher offices that would be advantageous but not essential.
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
Remote UK positions available.
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Assistant Planner – Highways