Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting a Temporary Works Engineer to join an established temporary works team in its Birmingham Office.
The candidate should have a strong technical background and be able to work within a team environment, supporting the design delivery of existing projects and growth of the existing client base. Previous experience of and familiarity with the local Civil Engineering market is desirable.
- Prepare temporary works designs or undertake design checks to design briefs received from clients. Briefs will range from simple requirements to complex items of temporary works.
- Prepare calculations for designs and design checks
- Complete technical assurance documents as required
- Be responsible for your output and any team assigned to you
- Check that documents prepared for issue meet the requirements of any designs produced by you
- Mentor junior members of staff and contribute to the development of others
- Liaise with clients to ensure that their needs are being met and respond to queries and requests for change
- Be responsible for the commercial success of your input and identification of change. Meet budget and programme demands
- Engineer with BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering or similar
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a range of company sports and social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
10 Temple Street
Birmingham, B2 5BN
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Temporary Works Engineer
HighwaysMarinePower & EnergyRail