Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting for a Structural/Marine Civil Engineer to join our team in Manchester.
Are you a Marine engineer seeking further opportunity and experience? Or a Structural engineer who is looking to broaden your wider sector experience?
This role is an opportunity to join a newly formed team within an established office to gain experience managing and delivering civil structures and marine projects, working alongside some of the best engineers the industry has to offer. It will give you the opportunity to have exposure to a range of marine and temporary works projects, across the UK.
Job responsibilities include:
- Design of marine structures including quay wall, jetty, dolphin, slipway, berthing and mooring
- Design of civil structures and temporary works across other sectors as required
- Providing technical / professional guidance and support to more junior engineers
- Communicating technical matters with external clients and internal design team members
- Working within a team environment and on individual tasks as required
- Writing technical reports
- Supporting with tenders and bids as required
- Chartered or near-chartered with a strong desire to learn and develop towards professional qualifications
- Technical experience in the design of structures
- Understanding of geotechnical interfaces
- Knowledge of buildability / buildable design
- Willingness to tackle projects across industries and sectors as required
- FE modelling using software such as STAAD Pro / LUSAS / SAP 2000 or similar
- Knowledge of maritime standards and guidelines including BS6349 and PIANC
- Design of lock gates, heavy duty pavement, breakwater and linkspans
- Coastal engineering design and assessment
- Experience in marine geotechnics
- Experience of temporary works design
- Some exposure to rail environment
- Use of engineering software (Optimoor, Wallap, Plaxis)
- MEng Civil Engineering or equivalent degree (2:1 Minimum)
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a range of company sports and social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
4th Floor, Arthur House
11-13 Chorlton Street
Manchester, M1 3FH
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Structural/Marine Civil Engineer