Tony Gee and Partners are currently looking for an experienced Senior Structural Engineer to join our Power and Energy team in our Glasgow office.
Due to our growing portfolio of renewable energy projects, we have the opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Glasgow based Power & Energy team. The role will offer the opportunity to lead structural design of civil infrastructure across a range of projects within our three core markets – Renewables, Grid & Energy Storage and Nuclear.
We work with a number of high-profile developer and contractor clients including SSE, EDF, Banks Renewables, UK Power Networks, Jones Bros, Farrans, I&H Brown and Enerveo.
Typical projects the successful applicant can expect to get involved with include onshore wind farms, offshore wind farms, substations, solar farms, battery storage schemes, green hydrogen schemes, pumped hydro storage schemes and nuclear new build power plants.
Senior Structural Engineer, within Power & Energy team, leading design and construction supervision of structural design packages including:
- Substation buildings
- Switching station buildings
- General foundations
- Wind turbine foundations
- Retaining walls
- Bridges, both new and existing upgrade/ strengthening
- Promoting a health, safety and welfare culture
- Prepare calculations, drawings and other documents, ensuring these are controlled during execution of projects
- Working within a team environment
- Mentoring and coaching talent
- Supporting Directors to achieve budget and strategy targets across Power & Energy portfolio
- Working closely with business managers on resource management, utilisation monitoring, and pipeline management
- Developing existing and new business
- Design of foundations
- Design of building structures – steel, concrete, masonry, timber, portal frames
- Ability to lead and coordinate a multidisciplinary design team
- Project and commercial management
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Client focus
- Civil/ structural engineering degree or equivalent industry experience
- Chartered Engineer with IStructE or ICE
- Design of any power related structures, such as substation buildings, switching station buildings and wind turbine foundations
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
3rd Floor, James Sellars House
144 West George Street
Glasgow, G2 2HG
Remote UK positions available.
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Senior Structural Engineer – Glasgow
Power & Energy