Tony Gee and Partners are currently looking for experienced Senior Transit / Structural Engineers to join our Toronto team.
The ideal candidates must be willing to help develop the capability of our Toronto office.
This role is a great opportunity be part of the growth of our Toronto office working on a portfolio of projects in Canada and internationally.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience post-graduation in civil engineering design
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the design of civils infrastructure in a transit environment including the application of Canadian standards where appropriate, element design and detailing in a Metrolinx environment
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the design of bridges (including use of AREMA standards)
- Experience of co-ordinating and delivering designs for rail and broad civil engineering projects
- Experience of bridge loading to AREMA and CSA S6.19
- Experience of steel and concrete design to CSA S6.19
- Experience in computer software for the analysis of structures
- Production of design deliverables – packages of drawings, specifications, etc. and supervision of engineers and BIM/CAD technicians
- Ideally experience of composite steel/concrete, masonry, foundations and timber design to CSA S6.19
- Ideally experience in finite element software for the analysis of structures
- Ideally worked as PEng on Metrolinx projects
- Good communication skills (in English) both oral and written
- Ability to work on own and within a team to meet project, client, company and personal objectives
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and develop their technical abilities
- A challenging attitude to the solution of engineering problems in order to achieve cost effective designs and develop innovative solutions
- Awareness of the importance of costs and the need to complete projects on time and to budget
- Willingness to seek advice when unsure of how to tackle problems
- Professional Engineer (PEng) licence in Ontario
Why Work for Tony Gee
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
Tony Gee Canada Ltd,
250 University Avenue,
Suite 232, Toronto,
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Senior Transit / Structural Engineer – Toronto