Tony Gee and Partners are currently looking for an experienced Principal/ Associate Civil Engineer to join our team in our Glasgow office.
Due to our growing portfolio of renewable energy projects, we have the opportunity for a Principal/ Associate Civil Engineer to join our Glasgow based Power & Energy team. The role will offer the opportunity to lead design of civil infrastructure across a range of projects within our three core markets – Renewables, Grid & Energy Storage and Nuclear.
We work with a number of high-profile developer and contractor clients including SSE, EDF, Banks Renewables, UK Power Networks, Jones Bros, Farrans, I&H Brown and Enerveo.
Typical projects the successful applicant can expect to get involved with include onshore wind farms, offshore wind farms, substations, solar farms, battery storage schemes, green hydrogen schemes, pumped hydro storage schemes and nuclear new build power plants.
Principal/Associate Civil Engineer within the Power & Energy team will involve leading design of civils design packages including:
- Drainage design of watercourse crossings including culverts and bridges as well as networks for substation compound buildings and supporting infrastructure
- Alignment/ earthworks design of access junctions, tracks, crane hardstandings, substation platforms, construction compounds and temporary works compounds
- Highways improvement design to facilitate delivery of abnormal loads to development sites
- Promoting a health, safety and welfare culture
- Providing technical oversight of civil engineering designs including calculations, drawings and other documents, ensuring these are controlled during execution of projects
- Undertaking design checks and peer review checks
- Providing leadership to a team of civil engineers and BIM designers
- Mentoring and coaching talent
- Supporting Directors to achieve budget and strategy targets across Power & Energy portfolio
- Working closely with business managers on resource management, utilisation monitoring, and pipeline management
- Developing existing and new business
- Developing tender responses, including scoping, pricing and programming of works
- Drainage design
- Alignment/ earthworks design
- Highways/ road improvement design
- Project, programme and commercial management
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Client focus
- Mentoring/ coaching of junior staff including identifying and supporting training and development needs
- Civil/ structural engineering degree or equivalent industry experience
- Chartered Engineer with ICE or IHT
- Experience in any of the following within Renewables market – onshore wind farms, offshore wind farms, pumped hydro storage schemes
- Experience in any of the following within Grid & Storage market – substations, solar farms, interconnectors, battery storage schemes, green hydrogen schemes, gas peaking schemes, grid stabilisation schemes
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
3rd Floor, James Sellars House
144 West George Street
Glasgow, G2 2HG
Remote UK positions available.
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Principal/Associate Civil Engineer – Glasgow
Power & Energy