Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting Heavy Civil / Structural Design Engineers to join our team in our Toronto office.
Our Toronto office is looking for experienced Heavy Civil / Structural engineers to join the team. This role is a great opportunity be part of the growth of our Toronto office working on a portfolio of projects in Canada and internationally.
The ideal candidate would preferably have a proven track record of design in the transit sector.
- Minimum of two years experience post-graduation in heavy civil engineering / structural design
- Experience of steel and concrete design to Canadian Standards
- Experience in computer software for the analysis of structures
- Production of design deliverables – packages of drawings, specifications, etc. and supervision of engineers and BIM/CAD technicians
- Good communication skills (in English) both oral and written
- Ideally experience of composite steel/concrete, masonry, geotechnical and timber design to Canadian Standards
- Experience in the design of rail related structures (including loading to AREMA, element design and detailing to AREMA)
- Ideally experience in finite element software for the analysis of structures
- Ability to work on own and within a team to meet project, client, company and personal objectives
- A challenging attitude to the solution of engineering problems in order to achieve cost effective designs and develop innovative solutions
- Awareness of the importance of costs and the need to complete projects on time and to budget
- Willingness to seek advice when unsure of how to tackle problems
- BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Working towards Professional Engineer status in Ontario
Why Work for Tony Gee
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Heavy Civil / Structural Design Engineers – Toronto