Tony Gee is recruiting for an experienced Civil 3D highway alignment designer to join their established Highway team based in their Esher office.
The role will be to support our growing Highways team responsible for the production of Autodesk Civil 3D models for these projects to the company internal and client- specific BIM requirements.
- High level of experience and working knowledge using Autodesk Civil 3D on both new-build and highway improvement schemes (UK schemes essential; international schemes desirable)
- Accurate and timely preparation of Civil 3D models to set budgets and programmes
- Knowledge, understanding and application of highway alignment / geometric design to UK (DMRB) standards (essential; other international design standards would be considered)
- Ability to work to Tony Gee and client-specific BIM standards
- Understanding of interface between Civil 3D and AutoCAD and ability to post-process Civil 3D export models into format suitable for use in drawings in accordance with BIM standards
- Ability to review and check own models, others’ models (internally and externally-received)
- Ability to train and develop others and work in a team / supervise work of junior staff to deliver work efficiently and effectively
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop self-knowledge to progress
- Experience creating 3D models using other software
- Experience using Autodesk Vehicle Tracking
- Experience working on BIM Level 2 schemes
- Experience in drainage design (for example using MicroDrainage)
- Experience using UK Manual for Streets and other international geometric / alignment design standards
- EngTech MICE or equivalent professional qualification
- HNC or equivalent
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a wide range of social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks. We also offer the opportunity of a hybrid work model where you can split your working week between the office and your home.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
140 High Street, Esher
Surrey, KT10 9QJ
Remote UK positions available.
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Civil 3D Highway Alignment Designer – Esher