Our Kuala Lumpur office is looking for a Civil/ Structural Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate would have a proven track record in bridge design.
This role is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, established team, working alongside some of the industry’s best engineers. It will also bring the opportunity to work on a wide portfolio of major projects internationally.
You will be involved in a wide range of responsibilities as a bridge engineer; you’ll also develop your project management skills. You will quickly start to manage your projects and take a forward-facing role with the client.
You will be mainly involved with bridge projects but will also have exposure to other structural work for railways, highways, and other sectors.
- MEng or BEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years experience in the design of bridges and other transport-related structures.
- A sound engineering background in the co-ordination of civil/structural engineering projects and developing projects from feasibility through to construction
- Manage the delivery of projects – take responsibility for own areas of work to meet agreed project deadlines and assist in the identification of resources required for delivery
- Working knowledge of current design codes, e.g. Eurocodes.
- Production of design deliverables – packages of drawings, specifications, etc. and supervision of engineers and BIM/CAD technicians
- Familiarity with AutoCAD/MicroStation and bridge design software such as LARSA, SAP 2000, STAAD Pro, OpenBridge, CsiBridge, and MIDAS.
- Working towards Chartered Civil Engineer (CEng MICE or MIStructE) or with a relevant professional institution (ICE or IStructE)
- Ideally, experience in finite element software for the analysis of structures
- Ability to work on own and within a team to meet project, client, company and personal objectives
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ideally, experience in steel, concrete, and composite design; geotechnical design experience may be beneficial
- A challenging attitude to the solution of engineering problems to achieve cost-effective designs and develop innovative solutions
- Prepare calculations, drawings and other documents and ensure these are controlled during the execution of projects under your control
- Prepare fee budgets, proposals and resource requirements for projects under your control
- Specify and manage site examination and investigation works in a safe and effective manner
- Identify and manage risks for the work under your control to agreed acceptable levels
- Co-ordinate with other engineers both in the regional offices and between Groups
- Develop the relationship between the company and new and existing clients to identify potential work
- Support less experienced employees, sharing knowledge and acting as a coach or mentor
- Maintain client relationships through liaison on proposals and project work
- Manage and train colleagues undertaking project work
- Comply with the Company Health & Safety procedures, Quality Assurance/Environmental Management system procedures and documentation, CDM Regulations, and general legislation
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success, so we invest in your development and wellbeing, providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level.
Tony Gee and Partners Sdn Bhd,
E-05-16 Block E,
Plaza Mont Kiara, 2 Jalan Kiara,
50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Civil/ Structural Engineer – Kuala Lumpur