Tony Gee and Partners is currently recruiting a Design Engineer to join our established civils team in its Glasgow Office
The successful candidate will be working on a variety of schemes within the power & highways sector. Power projects include onshore wind farms, grid connection infrastructure, public road improvements and other highways elements which allow for the delivery of wind farm and/or substation equipment.
- At least two years’ post graduate experience
- Experience of drainage design
- A strong technical background
- Able to work within a team environment
- Experience designing SUDS (soakaways, swales and attenuation ponds)
- Experience in hydraulic modelling of surface water drainage networks along with online or offline storage solutions
- Knowledge of UK SUDS Manual
- Knowledge of SEPA guidelines and experience with CAR regulations & licensing
- Knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB), council highways standards and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW)
- Experience in specialist software Civils 3D CAD & MicroDrainage
- BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering or similar
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success and so we invest in your development and wellbeing providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level you are at.
We believe that there is more to a job than work. We encourage a healthy work/life balance through a range of company sports and social activity groups. They’re great fun and a chance to expand your professional and social networks.
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Eye care vouchers
Flexible annual leave allowance
Flexible working hours
Fundraising & volunteering opportunities
Generous company pension contributions
Group income protection
Private medical insurance
3rd Floor, James Sellars House
144 West George Street
Glasgow, G2 2HG
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Assistant Civil Engineer
HighwaysPower & Energy