Our Asia region is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team.
Based from our Hong Kong office the purpose of this role is to sell the services of Tony Gee within the Asia region and to support the Asia business and Regional Directors to identify and secure tender opportunity.
This role is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, established, global business development team. It will also bring the opportunity to work on a wide portfolio of major projects internationally.
You will be involved in a wide range of responsibilities including Market Intelligence gathering, Tender opportunity, Pursuit identification, Client Relationships and management and pipeline management.
Based primarily in, or close to Hong Kong, which will be the office base, flexibility will be required for regular travel to other regions within Tony Gee Asia which includes, but not limited to, Malaysia and Australia and other appropriate countries.
- The ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with clients in a diverse range of forums and environments.
- A developed technical understanding or background to be able to engage in client promotion in technical environments.
- To be able to exemplify personal integrity
- An appropriate awareness of design and construction processes.
- The ability to gather market intelligence, empathise with client needs and form appropriate business proposals.
- The ability to present and explain the business values and objectives.
- To be able to forge new business contacts from scratch and grow them into productive relationships.
- The ability to identify opportunity and pursue it to a point of tender opportunity for Tony Gee.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a business development team in the region and with the UK, to communicate effectively and present a positive image internally across the business.
- The ability to think strategically and define competitive strengths.
- An ability to understand the political, social and economic issues that might impact on the business.
- The ability to identify trends and influences in markets.
- The ability to write effective bid input in support of tender submissions.
- Experience of client management systems or other pursuit management systems and processes.
- The ability to create or identify marketing opportunity.
- An appreciation of digital and social media marketing.
- Possession of wide ranging existing industry contacts.
- Identify suitable opportunities for the Asia business region to pursue.
- Supports the Asia business to deliver work winning objectives and strategies.
- Forge new relationships with potential clients and strengthen existing ones.
- Regular and appropriate (including technical) interface with clients across Tony Gee Asia regions
- Support Tony Gee Asia office Directors to deliver their business objectives.
- Support the UK based Business Development team to perform their functions for Asia marketing and communications.
- Interface with international business development and other team meetings across Tony Gee Group
- Attend and represent the company at appropriate industry functions, conferences and exhibitions.
- Maintain the in-house pipeline database and client management system for the region.
Why Work for Tony Gee?
We are an engineering consultancy renowned for delivering complex and innovative design solutions to the global construction industry. Our people make our business a success, so we invest in your development and wellbeing, providing an environment that supports you at whatever career level.
To apply for this role, please fill out this form, ensuring you have included the job reference and uploaded your CV. STRICTLY NO AGENCIES. Tony Gee and Partners LLP is an Equal Opportunities employer and is fully committed to equality and diversity in the workplace.
Business Development Manager – Asia